Thursday, September 23, 2010

Looking For Answers in Catherine's Book

The diagnosis of autism for my daughter meant a frantic search for answers and ways to help her. Hours upon hours were spent reading articles and books to look for a guide to help us through this period. My daughter was diagnosed at 5 years old. Focusing and language were some of the issues that we were faced with. I don't quite remember how I came across Catherine Maurice's book (Behavioral Intervention for Young Children with Autism) but that has been one of the biggest blessing I have ever received. Not only did the book provide a clear and organized way to help my child, it also presented a way to keep track of her progress. This book was used for a very long time and I honestly don't know if we would have gotten to where we are without it. It would be really great if I could meet this author someday to thank her in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment